JB's Aphotic Scriptorium

...My writing sanctuary...

Yesterday I started to post, but it was late and subsequently I was very tired, so here are the thoughts I can remember from my yesterday musings.

I was thinking about Nano and also my story and can up with some randomness to post.

The first being that, even though I am not done my novel yet, I have reached the 50k. The challenge has been complete, and I will have to wait for another year before I can officially do it again.

It is kind of sad.

I will not be able to officially do this again for another year. I expect my Nano novel to take about 10 times that amount of time before it is actually readable, so I will be busy (and I do have another novel to edit too, so I will be very busy), but I wish that it would not take 342 days until Nano '09.

Skipping over that because I could ramble on for pages basically saying the same thing, my story will definitely be about another 10k as far as I can tell from where I can metaphorically see now. Which I plan on getting done before Nano is done (this is official now- I will get it done before the end of Nano.). I plan on taking it a little more slowly now (only a little though), but that just means I will be spending more time doing the things I should be (like passing classes, eating, sleeping- all the things I have neglected to do recently). Maybe 1 or 2k a day- something like that.

I have yet to read over anything I have written! How strange is that! Believe me, if I start reading it, I will edit it like *crazy* and no one will see me for days because I will be on the computer, killing myself over editing it.

Oh! Speaking along those lines, two people asked me to read my story today, and the strange thing is, they brought it up. Like, one of them knew I was doing it; he was thinking about doing it himself for a little bit and knew I was really excited for it. The other must have been talking to a friend of mine or something....I really do not know how he found out exactly but with only 150 people in my school, things get around. Well, he wants to read it too. I proceeded to tell them both that it was crap. Now, like I said, I have not read it yet, but I can still guarantee that it is crap. But they both knew that it was about the word count first, and I would edit it later. I am not sure when I will give it to them, but I do plan on sending it them- something for us to laugh over pretty much.

As my other novel, a couple people have wanted to read that too. One guy I am friends with heard me briefly mentioning it in our Writer's Craft class and wanted to read it when I was done. It was like six months later and he asked me again, and wondered about how I was doing. I was honestly a little surprised that he asked me again (I forgot he wanted to read it actually), and I told him he could. I would also very much like a male's perspective on it too, so I am glad he is so intrigued.

I would love to share my Nano story to with people, and have them read it, mainly because it is really bad, and I know it. So if they said it was bad and told me things to fix, I would be all for it because I know it is awful and needs a lot of work. My other novel I just am very territorial over right now for various reasons that I am sure you can come up with on your own :).

Happy Writing!

JB

0 comments:

Care to Comment?

Care to Comment?
Click "Comment" at the top of each post. Thanks!

About this blog

This blog is devoted to the art of writing. It is here where I will post about my writing life and my novels, as well as give advice to other aspiring novelists. Remember to start with "On Writing: Aspiring Writers..." then work your way up.
Enjoy :D

Followers